Thursday, August 20, 2009

62 is as Big as Love Can Get

While grieving Webster's passing I couldn't help but wonder "How on earth could this little guy have made such a huge impact on us in such a short amount of time?", when I figured out exactly how long our precious journey had been I immediately knew... I looked at the timestamp on the first photo of Webster looking out at us, 2:29pm on Sunday the 16th of August, 2009; then I estimated when it was that he died, somewhere around 4:30am on Wednesday -- let's see that's just a little over 2 1/2 days... 48 hours, plus 12 hours, plus 2 hours... 62 hours!!! Absolutely incredible! I couldn't believe it, I double and triple checked, even used the calculator for a final check; yes, 62 hours is absolutely correct. I have to tell you another story from almost 7 years ago in order to help you understand the significance and meaning to us of the number 62.

In November of 2002, while visiting our grand-daughter, Dylan, who was 4 at the time, some bantering ensued between her and Stephie as to who loved the other the most... Dylan says "I love you", Stephie says "I love you more", Dylan responds "I love you 4", Stephie "I love you 8", I jumped in with "I love you 10", this went back and forth between the 3 of us... 15, 20, 25, 40, 50... then Dylan responds emphatically, and with total confidence that this game is now over and she is the winner, "I love you 62!". That was it, this was the final answer, this was as big as love gets. Ever since that day, we tell each other (and Dylan) all the time that we love each other 62.

So, you see, 62 is as big as love can get and that is the precise number of hours this precious little dog with the big heart was allowed to be in our lives. He loved us and we loved him 62!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Anyone can comment without registration, but comments will not be shown until approved by the moderator.